Father Ian Gabinete

15 March 2008 7 comments

I would like to congratulate our seminarian, Ian Gabinete. We have been sponsoring him for a couple of years. He will be ordained as a Catholic priest at the end of the month in his hometown, Paranaque. He is a graduate of San Jose Major Seminary at the Ateneo de Manila in Katipunan, Quezon City. Ian has always been at the top of his class. He has been the president of an organization that represents all seminarians in the Philippines.
I met him for the first time in July last year when I went back for my high school reunion. He is very low-key and very smart. His future parishioners are lucky to have him as their priest. Dh and I are very proud of him and wish him well. Congratulations Father Ian!

7 comments: to “ Father Ian Gabinete so far...

  • Vk-mahalkaayo March 15, 2008
     

    Praise God.........

    alam mo barb, sa high school batch namin, 2 ang pari at 1 lang ang nun din.

    pero isang priest, lumabas sa congregation. kasi nag-familya....

    thanks for sharing this post....maligaya din tayo na closed natin, maging priest or nun, ano?

  • Babette March 15, 2008
     

    Thank Vks. alam mo when I was younger, I wanted to be a nun. LOL I guess it's because my favorite teacher in 1st grade was a nun kaya gusto kong gumaya. :)

  • Gene M. March 15, 2008
     

    congrats to your friend :-) tnx for sharing!

  • Mira March 15, 2008
     

    Barb, pareho pala tayo, I wanted to be a nun too because I was very active in church. Buti pala di tayo natuloy kung hindi magugulo ang kumbento, lol.

  • haze March 16, 2008
     

    Congratulations and Welcome to priesthood ! Hey touring Europe ? Are you passing by France ? Think about Marseille hehe !

  • Fe March 17, 2008
     

    Congrats Father Ian. May you Bless us more...dahil sa me too.. at one time in my younger life, when I saw a nun wearing white stuff.. wow.. kala ko nasa heaven ako.. kaya nga sabi ko sa nanay ko.. gusto ko mag madre..sabi nya.. oo sige.. basta you follow what i tell you as rules dito sa bahay then the madre might accept you... sus ko.. I endeed up nga going to a private school where the nuns rules!! sa high school iyon. then when I see nga na sometimes nuns were mean.. then I decided to be a kid that runs around the school.. not turned in the tiuiton payment. consequences were tough on me. di ako naka attend ng graduation. Tatay was mad at di nya ako nabilhan ng sapatos for my graduation nga. tuloy I suffered.

    sorry barb.. i bardge into discussion at tuloy I sounded like the Bb. pageant girl.. hahaha for me..

  • Babette March 17, 2008
     

    Ricka, thanks for the comment.m :)

    Mira, sigurado yon, riot! LOL

    Haze, we won't be near the coast, sayang nga, Strasbourg lang ang mapupuntahan namin sa France and maybe Metz.

    Inday Fe, you are always welcome dito sa balay ko. :) Sayang naman di ka naka-attend ng graduation. Sus kung tayo naging madre baka maubusan ng mga buhok ang madre superior dahil sa mga kalokohan natin. hahaha